Victor Ellison is a photographer from Boone, North Carolina. His photography featuring the Blue Ridge Parkway and Western North Carolina has received several awards and publication in such magazines as Smoky Mountain Living, Creative Quarterly The Journal of Art and Design, and Landscape Photography Magazine.
Growing up in an area with such diverse landscape, flora, and fauna, Victor developed a deep-seated love of nature. He has spent his life hiking the Southern Appalachians which has garnered him an intimate understanding of the land and its wildlife.
With his camera, Victor hikes all over Western North Carolina in an attempt to capture scenes that inspire and invigorate people’s imaginations. He wishes to ignite the same passion he has for the land and its wildlife in those who have never experienced it, and to rekindle it in those who have.
Victor is currently a member of Carolina’s Nature Photographers Association. The following is a list of Victor’s most recent accomplishments and awards.
- February 2014 – Photo Won First Place in Appalachia Challenge
- March 2014 – Photo Awarded Honorable Mention at the 11th Annual Appalachian Mountain Photography Competition
- February 2014 – Photo Published in Landscape Photography Magazine
- March 2014 – Photo Published in Wildlife in North Carolina Magazine Issue May/June
- October 2013 – Photo Featured in Canon Gallery “Eye on Architecture” Melrose, MA
- March 2014 – Photo featured at Turchin Center for Visual Arts Boone, NC